Office of Justice, Equity and Inclusion
The Office of Justice, Equity and Inclusion (OJEI) empowers individual members of the Dominican community in their efforts to create a just and humane campus; OJEI is dedicated to assisting the community in discovering how to live together, inclusively. The goal of the OJEI is to extend the benefits of diversity to all members of the Dominican community by working to equip students, faculty and staff for responsible global citizenship. OJEI's goals and mission are supported by the values of caring and compassion, welcoming and hospitality, confidentially and acceptance, fairness, continuous improvement and periodic review.
Led by the Vice President for Justice, Equity and Inclusion, the OJEI will:
- Promote the development ofunified strategiesto enhance diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Work collaborativelyto leverage the assets and allies needed tosupport and empower multicultural students, faculty and staff;
- Monitor and assessDominican University’s policies, procedures, governance regimes, and professional practices to ensure that they are inclusive, equitable and culturally competent;
- Work to ensure that the Dominican community isfree from sexual harassment and gender-based discrimination; and
- Work collaboratively to ensure that allbias related behaviorbased on race, gender, sex, sexual identities/orientations, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, nationality and immigration status ischallenged and extinguished.
Organizational strategies of the OJEI include:
- Buildingcollaborations and partnershipsto support diversity initiatives for all Dominican students;
- Developinginnovative grant-funded projects在多米尼加大学圣的支持rategic Plan for Diversity;
- Engaging the Senior Leadership Team and their staff in projects that supportdiversity-related mission-critical goals and objectives;
- Supportingstaff initiatives that promote cultural competency;
- Supportingfaculty governance促进多样性的气候,股本和inclusion in faculty hiring, promotion, and retention;
- Supporting initiatives that equip faculty for inclusive teaching and holistic advising;
- Promoting recognition for faculty and staff whose work successfully uses research-based strategies and best practices to improve recruitment, retention, and graduation; and, but not limited to
- Supportingcampus climateinitiatives and assessment protocols because how students, faculty and staff experience their campus influences student developmental outcomes and learning as well as faculty and staff retention.